How to Mute a Single Contact with notification on WhatsApp. If you want to mute a group for a specific time say 8 hours, 1 day etc on WhatsApp then it is not at all a big deal for you to do so Because WhatsApp Messenger has already been providing this Group muting feature from quite a long time. But when it comes to muting a single contact on WhatsApp for whatever reason you may have. It becomes quite difficult for you to do so.
How to Mute a Single Contact Person with Notification on WhatsApp
To deal with such issues, WhatsApp has recently launched a feature that will enable you to mute a single contact with ease. All you have to do is that install the latest version of WhatsApp messenger from the Google’s Play Store and follows some simple steps that we will discuss later in the article and you are done.
Along with muting a single contact, you can also disable the notification for that particular person you are muting. Now, let us discuss the steps to be followed in order to mute a single contact along with the notifications on the WhatsApp Messenger.
- Firstly, Install the latest version of WhatsApp Messenger from the Play Store or Update your WhatsApp if you are already using it.
- Now tap the contact that you want to mute.
- Then tap the Subject of that particular contact and you will see a screen as shown below.
- Now tap the Mute label as you will have options to mute a single contact for 8 hours, 1 week and 1 year.
- Select the time interval for which you are muting a person from the choices shown.
- Select or deselect the checkbox labeled “Show Notifications” as per your wish and tap ok.
You are done.
Similarly, you can also mute group on WhatsApp following the above-mentioned steps. The only difference is that instead of selecting a single contact you have to select a group and the rest is same.
I hope this would help. If you have any queries then do comment below. Stay tuned for more such useful information and latest technologies information.