How to Backup, Transfer & Restore Text Messages (SMS) on Android. Many a times, when we need to transfer our android phone data to other phone or factory reset our android device. In such kind of situations, we need to backup the important data present on our android phone. If a talk of backing up of contact list then almost all android devices gives you an option to import export your contacts directly that means we do not need any third party application until you want much additional functionality.
How to Backup, Transfer & Restore Text Messages (SMS) on Android
But when it comes to backing up your text messages, then you hardly get any direct option to do that. So in this particular case, you need a third party app that will do it for you. For that purpose, there are many amazing apps are available in the android market. SMS Backup & Restore is one of such amazing apps.
SMS Backup & Restore App Features:
- Using the SMS Backup & Restore App you can:
- Create backup locally on your device and then upload it to Dropbox, Email and Google Drive.
- Schedule Automatic Backup time.
- Create backup in XML format that can be converted into other formats.
- Create backup on all android versions.
Now let us discuss the steps to be followed in order to backup and restore your text messages (SMS) on your android device.
Backup your text messages (SMS) on Android Device:
- Firstly, download the SMS Backup & Restore App from Play Store and launch it.
- Now you will see a screen as shown below.
- Then tap backup and you will see a screen asking you to backup selected conversations or all conservations and uploading options to Dropbox, Email and Google Drive. Select the checkbox as per your need and tap ok.
- Now select the backup location from the options as shown below.
- Then tap ok and you are done. You have successfully backed up your text messages in XML file.
Restore your text messages (SMS) on Android Device:
- Firstly, go to SMS Backup & Restore app.
- Then tap restore tab.
- Now browse to the location where you have backed up your text messages in XML format.
- Tap the .xml file you will see a screen as shown below.
- Select the appropriate options as per your need and tap ok.
Transfer your text messages (SMS) to other Devices:
Transferring text messages is easiest of all. For transferring text messages, you need to move XML file that you have created in the backup process to the intended place and that’s it.
You are done. In this way, you can backup, restore and transfer your text messages with ease. I hope this would help. If you have any queries then do comment below. Stay tuned for more such useful information and latest technologies information.