Different Ways to Track and Find Lost Android Mobile – Without Tracking Apps.Are you searching for your lost mobile? It is perhaps one of the most important practises to enable the built-in tracking feature in your android device from the day 1 when you have purchased your phone. But we often realize the importance and need of tracking our device only when either we have misplaced it or lost it (worst case).
Although, it is also possible to track your android device after it has been stolen but then you will be left with the limited options to track it. So it is better for you to activate and implement the tracking methods from scratch in order to have the intended results.
Different Ways to Track and Find Lost Android Mobile
Now let us discuss the different ways to track and find android mobile step by step to have a deeper insight of the tracking feature.
Tracking With Android Device Manager- Your lost or stolen device
Android Device Manager is basically a tool to track your android device, provided by Google. In order to use this tool, all you need to have is a Google account associated with your android device, an active net connection and enabled locate your device option in the settings.
If you have all this then you can track your lost android device with Android Device Manager and know some parameters like when was your device last online, can give a ring on your number and also lock your device and erase the data contained in it.
Usage of Android Device Manager:
- Track last online availability of your device: Android Device Manager enables you to track the location when you were last online.
- Give a Ring: In case you have misplaced your device or it is being stolen then you can instantly give a ring on your number by signing-in your Android Device Manager account from any other device.
- Lock your device: You can lock your device from a remote location by setting a new password.
- Erase your mobile data: You can also erase your mobile data (when you have lost your android device) in order to restrict the access of your precious data from the thief.
Note: For tracking purpose you can also use android device manager app that can be downloaded from Google’s official Play store.
Tracking with Google Maps Location History – Your lost or stolen device:
- Using this feature of Google, you can track each and every move of yourself. All you need to do is to enable the Location History option in Settings by following simple steps which are:
- Firstly go to Google setting in your android phone.
- Then go to Location option.
- And finally navigate to Location History and select the Location checkbox and you are done. Now you can track your every move with Google Maps Location History feature. Let us see how?
Track and View android device Location History using Google Map:
To use the tracking features, you have to implement the following steps.
- Go to this link.
- Now sign- in into your Google account with the credentials with which your android device is associated.
- Then select the time period (date) from which you want to track and also the end point i.e. date (you can select from 1 day to 30 days).
Note: You can select “Show Time Stamps” option to track a particular move or “Show All Points” option to track all of your moves.
I hope this article would help. If you have any queries regarding tracking feature then do comment below to get it cleared.